Business offers students the opportunity to study different types of businesses in different industries. It looks at why they exist, how they are set up and how they are run.
What can Business lead to? A good grade in Business at A level can enable you to go on to study at any university or go into the world of work. In particular it helps students to:
- Develop a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value
- Understand that business behaviour can be studied from the perspectives of a range of stakeholders
- Acquire a range of skills including decision-making and problem-solving
- Understand the current structure of business and business practice
- Develop their ability to acquire a range of important and transferable skills including data skills, presenting arguments, making judgments, and conducting research.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in business studies, economics, politics, and finance.
- Delivered by industry experts
- Modern teaching and learning facilities
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Exciting business excursions and trips
- Excellent progression routes to university or a professional career
- Expert guidance for university applications and careers advice
- Our class sizes are smaller, so you’ll make friends more easily and benefit from one-to-one support
What you'll learn
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business
8. Choosing the strategic direction
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10. Managing strategic change
How you'll learn and be assessed
A challenging, enjoyable course taught using modern teaching and learning facilities within a WIFI enabled campus
You could progress on to higher education, employment or an Apprenticeship.
- Business Owner
- Marketing Manager
- HR Manager
- Operations Manager
- And more!
At least five GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) or above. In addition you should have at least a grade 5 in English Language and Maths.
Which subjects combine well with Business?
Business combines with any other arts or science subjects but in particular Maths, English, Economics, Psychology, and Sociology complement the subject well.
Calculator and textbooks are required.