Farnham College is pleased to announce the launch of two new financial awards aimed at its September 2021 intake, in partnership with the Farnham Educational Foundation (FEF):
- The McLaughlin Scholarship worth £500 per year for high-achieving students with a clear career aspiration, and
- The FEF Grant worth between £500–£1,500 each year to support students to reach their academic and career goals, by helping them with costs such as course equipment, travel and study opportunities.
The McLaughlin Scholarships, worth £500 per year, are intended to support students’ progress on each year of their course and towards clear career aspirations.
Applicants do not need to demonstrate a specific purpose for the financial award, the scholarship is designed to recognise and reward the hard work of the students and to support them as they transition to college and on to university or a professional career.
There are five scholarships available for each year of study: normally five scholarships available for year 1 students and five scholarships available for year 2 students.
Students will be able to apply for a scholarship in each year of their studies at Farnham College, providing they meet the eligibility criteria. This will include any students who may be going on a to a third year of study at Farnham College.
The McLaughlin Scholarships are available to students who:
- demonstrate clear goals and career aspirations and who achieve six or more GCSEs at grades 7, 8, or 9
- are going to study a one or two-year programme at Farnham College
- maintain a minimum 90% prior year attendance at school or college
The FEF Grant will help students needing financial assistance to reach their academic and career goals, by helping them with costs such as course equipment, travel and study opportunities.
Interested students can apply for either £500, £1,000 or £1,500 in each year of their studies at Farnham College, providing they can demonstrate a clear need for the financial award and meet the eligibility criteria.
The FEF Grant is available to students who:
- have a specific purpose for the financial award, such as: course equipment, travel costs to college, work experience, university or employment interviews, project costs, extra-curricular activities that support future career goals – such as sporting clubs, music lessons, Scouts or Cadets, etc
- are going to study a one- or two-year programme at Farnham College
- maintain a minimum 90% prior-year attendance at school or college
Neil Brookes, Head of Campus at Farnham College, said: “Farnham College is delighted to be working collaboratively with the Farnham Education Foundation to be able to offer scholarship support for those applicants who meet the criteria.
“At Farnham College, we pride ourselves in supporting students to meet their aspirations and the offer of these scholarships is a new way of us doing that.”
Prospective students to Farnham College are urged to apply now in order to be considered for the September 2021 scholarships.
For full details regarding both new scholarship opportunities and to apply, please click here.