The Farnham Educational Foundation grant
The Farnham Educational Foundation (FEF) grant will help students needing financial assistance to reach their academic and career goals, by helping them with costs such as course equipment, travel and study opportunities.
Interested students can apply for either £500, £1,000 or £1,500 in each year of their studies at Farnham College, providing they can demonstrate a clear need for the financial award and meet the eligibility criteria.
The FEF grant is available to students who:
- have a specific purpose for the financial award*
- are going to study a one- or two-year programme at Farnham College
- maintain a minimum 90% prior-year attendance at school or college
*Intended uses of the funds could include:
- course equipment, such as a laptop, specific piece of software or additional course materials
- travel to and from college, work experience, university or employment interviews and other relevant activities
- project costs
- extra-curricular activities that support future career goals and aspirations, such as sporting clubs, music lessons, Scouts or Cadets, etc
The above eligibility criteria are intended to ensure fairness in the allocation of the FEF grant, however grants are offered at the sole discretion of the Farnham Educational Foundation. The Farnham Educational Foundation reserves the right to award grants, with reference to the criteria, as it sees fit.
Recipients of the grant should retain proof of purchase for all expenditure funded by the grant. The Farnham Educational Foundation or the college reserves the right to request proof of valid expenditure and to require the repayment of the scholarship if such proof is not provided.
Students are invited to apply for the FEF grant by completing this application form. You can complete the application form if you are a current student moving on to your second or third year of study, or if you have applied to start Farnham College in September 2021.
Application forms must be completed by Friday 10 September and applicants will be informed of the outcome of the application by Friday 22 October.