Fika is a mental fitness website and app that helps support your mental health and wellbeing. It features lots of useful online courses to manage a variety of concerns.
Fika explores themes including:
- managing stress
- building connections
- increasing focus
- boosting confidence
- increasing motivation
- Finding meaning
All students and staff at Activate Learning can access Fika courses for free at any time.
The courses are quick and informative. They help you to focus on the subject matter and explore it in your own time.
Fika courses to help with stress and anxiety
Today, we’re focusing on stress and anxiety, here is a selection of courses on these themes:
- Get better at managing stress
- Find peace and calm
- Five rapid stress busters
- Stay in control when overwhelmed
- Invest time in yourself
- Thrive under new pressures
- Five techniques to stay ahead of stress
How will I feel after doing these Fika courses?
We appreciate that these resources may trigger some emotions, this is very normal as you are processing lots of information and new tools.
If you do feel like you could use some additional support after finishing a Fika course, please speak with someone.
Support available at college
If at college, ask any member of staff to take you to the Student Support Team. They will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01865 550401 during college hours.
Support available outside of college
If you need to speak to someone outside of college, you can contact:
- Samaritans – call for free on 116 123 or text ‘Shout’ to 85258 to speak to a trained volunteer
- Kooth – kooth.com offer free counselling online.
You can also see your GP, call the NHS on 111 or call 999 in an emergency or crisis situation.
Here is a selection of additional resources you may find useful:
- Mental health support for students at Activate Learning
- Supporting your Maths and English GCSE exams in 2023
- Supporting your A Level exams in 2023
- Helping your young person manage exam stress
- NHS mood assessment tool