Following the huge success of last year’s appeal, the Shoebox Gift Giving campaign will open for donations from Monday 14 November.
The Shoebox Gift Giving appeal offers gifts to students whose Christmas may not be as joyful as others.
Students and staff at Activate Learning are asked to donate items if possible. These items will be gathered and presented to students in December.
What can I donate?
As long as it’s in a new condition, there’s many thoughtful things you can donate.
The following items are suitable to gift:
- Toiletries: shower gels, moisturiser, gift sets, deodorant, lip balm, face masks, shampoo, conditioner and men’s toiletries
- Snacks and treats: shocolate, biscuits, dried foods and Christmas snacks. Selection boxes so we can divide between gift boxes
- Stationery: notebooks, pencils, pens, highlighters and folders
- Hats, scarves, gloves and socks
- Travel mugs or mugs filled with sweets
- Unwanted gifts you have received
Anything else that you think would be a nice small gift or treat for one of your fellow students to receive.
Find your local collection point
Please bring your donations by Friday 9 December. You can drop off your items in the following areas:
- Banbury and Bicester College: C8 (above Recharge) or Reception
- Blackbird Leys Technology campus: Reception
- Bracknell and Wokingham College: Reception
- Farnham College: Reception
- Guildford College: G9 (Students’ Union)
- Merrist Wood: The Harris Centre
- Oxford city-centre campus: DG26
- Reading College: B103 or Student Support.
If you have any questions regarding the Christmas shoebox gift appeal, please speak to your Head of Campus – Student Experience.