Study a wide range of units focusing on topics such as installing hardware, creating websites, identifying IT faults, e-commerce and lots more.
The qualification will provide you with the opportunity to enter an Apprenticeship, move directly into employment, or progress to a related Higher Education course.
All 16-19 year olds on full-time programmes will be required to retake GCSE English and Maths or to undertake Functional Skills, if they have not already attained the equivalent of a GCSE grade C in these subjects, every year of their course, until they complete their studies.
- Learners studying in preparation for employment in IT
- Learners wishing to gain a Level 3 qualification to support further study in Further Education in IT
- Learners wishing to gain a Level 3 qualification to support further study in FE in any other sector or subject area
- Taught by expert tutors with industry experience
- Modern IT resources
- High student-computer ratio
- WiFi enabled College
What you'll learn
- Essentials of IT
- Essentials of cyber security
- Building IT systems
- Creating programming solutions for business
You could progress onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship such as Network Engineer or Software Developer or into employment in the IT sector in areas such as technical support, digital technologies, application development or data analysis.
At least four GCSEs at grade 4 (grade C) or above, including Maths and English Language.